Welcome to the Talbot County Public Schools Education Foundation!
Our mission is to engage the community in funding innovative, unique and expanded academic, enrichment and extracurricular programs aligned with the TCPS 2020 Vision Strategic Plan.
TCPSEF Advisory Board
The Talbot County Public Schools Education Foundation is pleased to announce its inaugural Advisory Board. The Foundation was formed in October of 2016 in partnership with the Mid-Shore Community Foundation. Its mission is to engage and utilize community resources to provide Talbot County Public Schools students and teachers with otherwise unavailable enrichment opportunities that will enhance the TCPS educational experience and produce exceptional graduates.
Advisory Board Members
Patrick Fitzgerald - Chair, TCPS Alumnus, Partner, Ewing, Dietz, Fountain & Kaludis, P.A.
Laura P. Heikes - Vice Chair, Senior Vice President, Government Community Relations Officer Shore United Bank
Gwen Fike - TCPS Parent and Volunteer
Rebecca Firth, Ph.D. Former TCPS Parent, Retired Teacher and Learning Specialist
Juanita Hopkins TCPS alumnus and former parent, Attorney, Talbot County Board of Education Member
F. Graham Lee Former TCPS Parent, Vice President for Philanthropy, Shore Regional Health
Victoria Gomez Lozano TCPS Parent, Hispanic Outreach Coordinator, Chesapeake Multicultural
Richard Marks Chief Executive Officer, Arbre Group Holding Corp.
JoAnn Asparagus Murray Former TCPS Parent, Former Talbot County Board of Education Member, Magistrate, Caroline County Circuit Court
Ty Russ - TCPS Parent, Chief Financial Officer, JASCO
David Short,CPA TCPS Parent, Former TCPS Board Member and PTO President, Managing Partner, Weaver Mavity Short Associates, LLC
- Encourage innovative teaching and creative learning by making grants to support initiatives such as new curriculum programs and teaching tools.
- Support programs that engage our students in areas of academics enrichment, arts and athletics, extra-curricular and service activities.
- Facilitate opportunities for educators to enhance learning and student accessthrough the use of new techniques, projects and tools.
- Provide grants for a single classroom, grade level, school or entire district, or a school level extra-curricular activity.
- Increase community and business involvement with TCPS through expanded partnerships.
(Gifts to the 2020 Fund are tax deductible.)
To sustain the services provided by the foundation and focus on growing a permanent endowment to benefit the district’s students. (Gifts to the Endowment Fund are tax deductible.)
- Handheld Technology/Digital Classroom
- Environmental Education
- Field Trips
- Professional Development
- Early Literacy
- Grants 4 Teachers
- Green Initiatives
- Before and After School Enrichment/Intervention (SMASH)
- One School One Book
- Expanded Advanced Placement and Career and Technology Education
- Superintendent's Circle - $50,000+
- Summa Cum Laude - $25,000+
- Magna Cum Laude - $10,000+
- Cum Laude - $5,000+
- Honor Society - $2,500+
- Principals Honor Roll - $1,000+
- Honor Roll - $250-$999
- Scholar - Up to $250